Saturday, February 3, 2007

Time To Go

It is getting close to departure day (Feb, 5th) and I guess this is as good a time as any to start this whole blog thing. My goal with this is to let y'all follow what I'm doing in Ecuador and give everyone a chance to let me know how things are back home. I'm keeping my e-mail address open, so we can use that for sending info that doesn't need to be out there on the Web. I decided to keep this as an open blog, so anyone can look at it. This makes it a little less secure, but then you guys won't have to log in every time you want to check it out. Please feel free to post any stuff you want to on this (as long as it isn't from Cubs fans in Chicago talking trash).

Enough with the blogosphere details.....

I 'm almost done getting things ready to go. I just have to get a few more things (Duct Tape for one. I hear that it is invaluable.) and then pack it all up. I fly out at 7:30 AM on Monday, so I hope to get everything packed up before the game on Sunday. I then spend two days in Washington, DC and fly to Quito via Miami. We have to go on a three day retreat after we land up in the Mountains right away. I'm excited to meet everyone in my group (there are 46 of us) and get this adventure started.

I don't know how often I'll be able to post on this site, but I will try to as much as possible. It all depends on how often I can get on the net. I should be able to pretty frequently duing the fist three months of training, so expect my next post from Ecuador sooner than later. Anyway, I hope this first attemp at a post was readable even though it was mostly informational. Have fun with this guys because any messages from you will be like gold to me.

Thanks again for all the support and well-wishes that you all have given me, and I'll talk to you later from below the Equator!!!

Jay

4 comments:

Jon said...

Hated to miss your party. Good luck.

Jeff Clymer said...

Alright party boy
Here is your competition in the beer naming rights contest. For everybody else reading this...budweiser ask us for a name for a local cali/az/nv brand beer name and jay, being a creative genius, came up with "Leftcoast Lager". That name made it out of san diego and up against the other wholesalers suggestions. Here is your competition:Hoppy Javalina, Stinger, Viper Venom, Gold Rush, West Coast Common, Red Rock Ale, Early Settler, 1848, Double Down, South Swell, West HEad lager, Roadrunner red, Red Sombrero, Wild West Lager, Southwest Common, Tumble weed lager, Conquistador. Leftcoast lager is head and shoulders above the rest yo. Good luck and stay in touch.
Jeff Clymer

I think stl named theirs "Mule Kick"

Katie Blank said...

Jay, check your other email if you can. I am early on my deadline by 2 days less than 2 years and sent you the Pangea song. It will sweep the nation and is, by the way, dedicated to you! Hope you had a safe trip down. Wishing you all the best in your new adventures! Love you lots, old neighbor! Katie Blank =)

Unknown said...

I so wish that I could have been at your party yo! Not to worry, I am holding down the fort in SD! Drazer and I will send you many a pictures so that you know what we are up too!! Good luck!!